New Wave Youth Club is an NGO that started its activities in 2001. Since then, it has had a number of projects that have been directed in several directions, from culture, sports, education to ecology etc.In 2007, the idea was to build the first Eco Centre in Bosnia and Herzegovina, with the aim of reintroducing griffon vultures to their natural habitats.Up until now we have been realising activities such as the protection and reintroduction of Griffon vultures, the protection of the Herzegovinian donkey, the protection of Pramenka (sheep species), the protection of Tornjak –Bosnian sheepdog. We have been dealing with all other problems related to the environment and biodiversity, and of course all this is complemented by education / workshops / campaigns that are very important in the whole story.Given the activities and projects we have implemented so far, this is just a part of some of the projects that we have implemented:
- Let’s protect the nature Frankfurt Zoological Society
- Cleaning and beautification campaign „More flowers, less garbage“
- Campaign for awareness on the harmful effects of man on the environment
- Organising round tables on the theme „Man as a main polluter“
- Project of presenting the eco-tourist activities in the mountain Velež area
- Research on tourism in cooperation with the Faculty of Economy from Sarajevo and Jica-Japan
- Local tourist guide project – Jica, Japan
- Development of tourism in rural areas of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia -2007 Aecid, Spain, — Frankfurt Zoological Society.
- Reintroduction of Griffon vultures in Bosnia and Herzegovina- Aecid/BVCF, Spain,
Frankfurt Zoological Society.
- Development of tourist infrastructure- Aecid/BVCF, Spain, Frankfurt Zoological Society.
- Education programme about the environment in the area of Blagaj – Aecid/BVCF, Spain, Frankfurt – Zoological Society.
- Presenting tourist offers and organising tourist excursions- Fons Mallorqui, Spain, Frankfurt Zoological Society.
- Construction of Eco centre Blagaj- Aecid/BVCF, Spain, Frankfurt Zoological Society.
- Bird-watching process-Aecid/BVCF, Spain, Frankfurt Zoological Society.
- Development of livestock in the area of Blagaj and Trebinje – Aecid, BVCF, Spain, Frankfurt Zoological Society.
- – Web portal for the protection of endangered species in Bosnia and Herzegovina novival.info – Aecid/BVCF, Spain, Frankfurt Zoological Society.
- Eco-development project in rural areas of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia – Aecid/BVCF, Spain 2008/2009, Frankfurt Zoological Society.
- Down the pathways of the Blagaj donkey 2008/2009 UNDP
- Construction of a multimedia centre and 2 playgrounds for children-German Embassy
- Education programme in primary schools in Mostar-American Embassy
- Education programme in primary schools in Herzegovina-American Embassy
- We opt for the future-UNDP
- Education programme in primary schools in Mostar-German Embassy
- Adrenaline tour Blagaj-Federal Ministry of environment and tourism
- Feeding station for the Griffon vultures- Government of the Herzegovina-Neretva Canton
- Blagaj climbing-Government of the Herzegovina-Neretva Canton
- We are the future- OSCE